The Princeton Street Primary School was located on a 17,500 square foot lot on the corner lot of Princeton and Shelby Streets. The brick and granite schoolhouse was built in 1874 and contained 8 school rooms, a teacher's room, and a full basement. In addition to the large schoolhouse, the Noble School Annex a much smaller wooden building was located adjacent to the main schoolhouse.
In 1889, The Princeton Street Primary School was renamed The Noble School, in honor of Boston School Committee member John Noble. The school closed before 1946 when the Boston School Committee voted to sell the building. In January of 1959, the building went up for auction. The Noble School still stands. Now known as Noble House and provides affordable senior housing.